How Do You Feel About Your Marriage?
It can be overwhelming to have to make a decision on the future of your marriage. Use our resources to gain clarity on your next steps.
Counselling for Couples to Make a Decision
If you and your spouse are leaning in different directions about the future of your marriage, we recommend that you attend Discernment Counselling to help you think through your decisions.
What is Discernment Counselling?
Discernment Counselling aims to help you and your spouse gain clarity and confidence in making a decision about the future of your marriage. During the sessions, you and your spouse can better understand what has happened to your marriage and how each person has contributed to the problems. Discernment Counselling also helps you and your spouse explore the options available before terminating your marriage prematurely.
- requires both you and your spouse to attend together
- is suitable when you and/or your spouse has doubts or concerns about moving forward with the divorce
- is a form of short-term counselling that may take about 1 to 5 sessions
- is not marriage counselling intended to solve you and your spouse's marital problems
- allows you and your spouse to consider three options —
- Path One: Postpone Any Decision
- Path Two: Move towards Divorce
- Path Three: Work on the Marriage
How to Sign up for Discernment Counselling?
Find your nearest agency here.
Individual Marital Counselling
If you are unable to attend counselling with your spouse, you may wish to attend individual marital counselling, whether online or face-to-face. A marital counsellor can work with you through some of the thoughts and emotions that you may be experiencing and guide you in coping with any possible distress.