Counselling Services for Children
Your child may benefit from counselling support to help them cope with divorce.
What is Counselling for Children?
Counselling can do the following:
- Provide a designated time and space for children to share their thoughts and feelings.
- Help children process their emotions.
- Provide a neutral adult they can talk to and share their concerns with.
- Help children develop positive relationships with parents.
- Assist children in processing their grief and loss.
Seeking professional help for your children does not mean that you are a bad parent, nor does it mean that there is anything wrong with your child. Professional counsellors often use different mediums such as art or play to better support children according to their developmental stages. Do consider counselling as an additional means of support for your children.